Simply delicious. The tomatoes are what makes this dish amazing. They will release some of their fluid, which then blends with the olive oil and gently caramelizes the veggies beneath them. Plus they look stunning. Easy-peasy. Give it a try!
- Pick your favorite vegetables and cut them in robust chunks. I used zucchini/courgette, eggplant/aubergine, turnip, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Always add shallots and roughly chopped garlic, then drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Mix until all the veggies are shiny and put in the oven (270 C).
- After 10 minutes, stir the veggies, then add the tomatoes on top (leave the stalk on).
- Drizzle with a bit more oil and let sit for about 30 more minutes or until everything looks like in the picture :).
- For the last 5 minutes, add some capers and sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or pine nuts and just before serving, add pepper, salt and fresh basil.