This one started with a quick experiment that turned out exceptionally well :). Since then, I’ve been adding and subtracting ingredients to tweak it to near perfection. Next time, I’ll use yeast instead of baking powder, as that is more natural.
Recipe for carrot ginger oat sweetbread
- 1 cup of oats, ground into flour
- 1 half cup of whole grain wheat
- 24 grams of vanilla sugar (3 typical 8 grams sachets)
- 1 sachet of baking powder (or enough for the amount of flour, check label)
- 1 half big carrot
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 half banana in small pieces (or use figs, I haven’t yet but imagine they’d work even better with the carrot!)
- 1 handful of crunched nuts & raisins mixture
Thinly grate or finely chop the carrot and ginger. I use the herb chopper of my immersion blender (staafmixer).
Combine the flours, vanilla sugar and baking powder. Add the eggs, half a cup of water (careful! You can always add more), carrot and ginger and mix. The mixture should be thick and slightly running. Spoon in banana pieces, crunched nuts and raisins to taste and put in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve topped with honey and cinnamon (don’t forget, it really boosts the flavors!)
Leave A Comment