A perfect surprise for a potluck: these colorful stuffed eggs. Ingredients: eggs and hummus. Easy-peasy!
These were made with store bought hummus by Maza: one with curry, one with beetroot. Hence the amazing colors. Of course, you could make these yourself as well! Watch out for my green peas ‘hummus’ recipe, that would be a great add to this palette!
- Boil the eggs.
- Cut in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the hardened yolk and divide over two bowls.
- In one bowl, mix in yellow hummus so that you have even amounts of egg yolk and hummus.
- In the other bowl, do the same with the red hummus.
- In each bowl, mix the yolk and hummus to a homogenous paste.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Use two spoons or a garnish ‘bag’ to fill the eggs back up with stuffing.
- Garnish with rocket leafs for festive color effect.
Have a nice party!