Ahhh yes this one is a classic, fun to make and a big winner – probably because of its nice warm flavors.
I bought the ingredients already sliced in julienne. If you want to do it yourself, a julienne cutter comes in very handy.
Recipe for Sweet & Spicy Carrot Beetroot salad
serves 4, as a side dish
- one handful of raw carrot, en julienne
- one handful of beetroot, en julienne (raw or cooked, i used cooked)
- ginger syrup, two tablespoons
- Chinese five spices (fennel-pepper-cinnamon-coriander-anisseed-mixture)
- handful of raisins
- handful of seroendeng (Indonesian dried coconut & peanut mixture) *
- dried chili flakes
- sesame seeds (i may have added some hemp seeds as well..)
- greens to decorate, such as diced peppers or coriander leafs
- some oil, sesame or sunflower for example
Toss everything together. Let sit for 10 minutes (or more) so that the tastes can all combine nicely.